Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hehe, poop.

County Guidelines on poopy-disposal

Ah yes, poop. What's to be done with all this poop? Hehe, poop.

The original (original, like, "O.G." original) plan was to build a pioneer-type cabin without power or water that would rely on an outhouse and a woodstove for everything, as well as a supply of water brought in for cooking, drinking, and bathing. I decided fairly early on that if I was going to the trouble of building a whole house, I might as well go to the trouble of making sure I could go potty there.

And that's where the problem lies... The old cabin is on well-water and on a septic system, and I'm 99% sure that the county will NOT let me run some plumbing between the two buildings to put the new one on the septic system and the well water...which means I get to research the rules and guidelines for septic systems put down by Huron County. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment